Not sure what to wear for your upcoming Spring senior photo session? We are here to help! We LOVE helping our high school senior clients put together outfits for their sessions as spring is one of our fave seasons! With the pastel light and tones, it makes the most stunning backdrop for senior pictures! So let’s dive in and curate a gorgeous spring senior session wardrobe!
Spring session staples that stand the test of time are floral patterns, pastel tones, bright colors, and lots of fabric!
Floral patterns: spring florals usually arrive in larger prints than fall styles and you can find them everywhere from crop tops and rompers to mini and maxi dresses. For a bohemian look, opt for watercolor florals while appliques will show up in resort wear styles.
Pastel tones: imagine these colors as springtime petals… pretty pinks, lovely lavenders, buttery yellows, and blissful blues. Layer them with white for a sophisticated style or even light washed denim for springtime casual vibes.
Bright colors: no, I’m not talking about NEON – because that’s a no-no color for portraits! I’m talking about magentas, cobalts, jades, and lilac! These colors are beautiful to wear in the spring because they’ll complement all the wild flowers in your backdrop!
Fabric: whether it’s tiered ruffles, statement sleeves, tassels, or voluminous maxis, the more fabric, the better! Extra fabric will add so much movement and life to your portraits!
SPEAKING OF ACCESSORIES, HERE’S A FEW QUICK AND EASY WAYS TO ELEVATE YOUR FAVE SPRING OUTFIT!
1. Spring headwear like pastel headbands, head scarves, and straw hats are perfect for topping off a spring outfit! Don’t forget about adding hair accents like tiny flower buds or braids for the ultimate spring-do!
2. Sunnies are always a must for spring and summer sessions! Opt for pastel acrylics or classic aviators to add just a touch of vacay mode to your pics!
3. Natural material accessories like threaded bracelets and leather stacked necklaces. Fringe earrings are super in for this season in complementary colors to go with your outfit!
Here’s 5 spring fashion do’s and don’ts for your spring senior session:
- wear floral and gingham for spring fun
- wear jewel toned colors best for your skin
- wear maxi dresses with lots of fabric for movement
- wear layers like a fun cardi or jacket to add dimension – wear fun sunnies and hats to finish off your spring look
- wear a crop top and low rise jeans
- wear neon as it will make your face discolored
- wear busy patterns that will detract attention away from your face – wear a mini that is too short for fun poses
- wear colors that will make you washed out
Wanting more spring inspiration? Look no further than my very own STUNNING Amanda Holloway Photography seniors!