Wondering if you need to hire a photographer with a makeup artist who uses airbrush makeup?!? Let me tell you why the answer is always YES!
1. Regular makeup is hard to see through all the filters high definition cameras can throw at it. Our makeup artists use highly pigmented makeup so that you will look natural, yet perfectly finished for your portraits.
2. Our makeup artists WATERPROOF the makeup so that your face will be flawless from beginning to end. Sweat, humidity, water and heat will have nothing on your super fab face! Think about how important that will be when it comes to your session in the hot Texas sun!
3. Using a professional who works in a credited and licensed salon and who has a contract can protect you from any mishaps you may encounter.
4. Airbrush makeup is also safeguarded against something called “settling.” Airbrush foundation will NOT settle into any pores, wrinkles or scars on your face which most regular make up will do. Because it is so light, it will not crease either.
5. There is nothing scarier than having an allergic reaction to your makeup during your session. Our makeup artists use oil free and alcohol free products to safe guard your face.
6. Airbrush makeup is the lightest and smoothest foundation application in the makeup industry. It’s so thin that it looks completely natural without leaving a waxy build up like regular makeup can! You want to make sure that your face isn’t packed with regular foundation and takes away from your natural beauty.
7. There is a HUGE difference in “every day makeup” and “camera ready makeup.” The products we use are specifically made for the camera and camera ready faces. There are a lot of filters that the camera can throw at your face and airbrush makeup can show through those filters.
8. Using a professional MUA with credentials, like our artist, can ensure a mistake free experience. Rest easy knowing we use the best of the best!
9. Education is key. Using a professional makeup artist, who has been taught by the industry’s leading experts in camera ready makeup will ensure that she knows what she’s doing. She didn’t learn from YouTube!
10. Air brush makeup is what the bridal, model and movie industry uses. You deserve the very best for your face when it comes to your senior portraits. Don’t settle for anything less than professional makeup for your senior portraits.
Now that you know WHY using airbrush makeup applied by a professional makeup artist is so important, let’s talk about one of the number one questions I receive from a potential client about their makeup application:
“How much control do I have over the makeup and hair styling at my senior session?”
ANSWER: You have ALL the control! If you want to go full glam, you can! Want something more natural? You got it! This is YOUR senior experience and we want this process to be 100% unique to you!
When deciding on makeup and hair looks we will actually browse your ideas from your Pinterest boards and pictures you bring to your session! We’ll even detail out the specific looks you want from shades of colors to use, depth of metallics or shimmers, contouring or only highlighting, eye liner or tight lining, faux lashes or all natural, and so much more.
Your facial features are exclusively yours and your makeup should showcase what makes you YOU. Our promise to you is that you will have full creative control over your end result.
Still need some convincing when it comes to professional makeup for senior portraits? Head on over to our IG @amandaholloway to see our work!